Shop by Cellular Phone Provider

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Leave a Voice Mail on a Cell Phone without Calling


I was just reading about a new service that is in Beta for cell phone users. It is called Slydial and lets you leave a message on a cellular user's voicemail without calling their cell phone.

I read this in an AP story ( press release in action?) that I got in a news alert.

This got me thinking. I was already doing this for free YEARS ago, right from my own voicemail. I do not know if this is still the case or if it was only for other Verizon Wireless customers, but I recall checking my own voicemail and being given the option to leave a voice mail message for someone else. When prompted, I entered the phone number and their voice greeting would play.

I think I will test this later and report back. If this service is already standard, what is the point of using this company.

No comments: